Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Munchkin!!!!!!!!!!

This could be... THE COOLEST GAME EVER! (except for D&D... ha!)

So the holidays have come and gone. Not much on the hack & slash front happening here, but oh boy have we been playing some serious Munchkin!

Munchkin Rocks!
This game kept teasing me every time I stopped by the local Barnes & Nobles (I had been there many times pre-Christmas). So, I did a little research, watched Will Wheaton's vlog with Steve Jackson (creator) and Felicia Day (hot) and some other dude... and decided to get it for the family for Christmas.

Of course, we opened this right away (I wasn't waiting another two weeks to get down on this coolness). It turns out that the little bit of exposure I had been seeding my family with really helped get this going fast. With the help of the full run of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon and the Mentzer Red Box, they were prepared to take up the Munchkin challenge!

My wife told me later on (after she was fully addicted to this RAD GAME), she never thought this would fly. Monopoly and Life were one thing, but I think this was a little heavy for her novice geekness. Man, was she wrong!

I'm not going to go in to details about the game, the rules, etc... But I will say this, if you are trying to get your family into role-playing, this is the deal! Just be a little careful of the young ones, it does get a little PG-13 sometimes. Our eight year old seems to handle it fine, but really doesn't get some of the more risqué references. Thank goodness...

Final thoughts - go buy this now. Stop making excuses. Just do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment