Tuesday, March 4, 2014

So A Geek Walks Into A Bar... Stop Me If You've Heard This One

So there's been this small, quirky comics shop in downtown Myrtle Beach for a while now. I checked it out once, but that was pre-OSR obsession, and gaming really wasn't their thing.

We Shall See
Fast forward a few years, and I hear they have remodeled the place into something called the Nerd Bar and are doing game nights, bands, beer, movies, and other very cool stuff. Today, I finally made it by there to see what all the fuss was about.

I think I have been procrastinating on doing this because I was getting tired of that disappointing feeling of thinking I'd actually discovered a good way back into RPG life. The few times I got excited about a situation, things just did not work out. If you go back a little in this blog, you'll see the type of people I don't want to game with. It seems like I've found every single one of them lately. And it's really starting to suck.


After some small talk with the owner, I started in on the most important question - "Do you have any older version D&D groups?"

And here was the answer.

"See that clipboard on the counter, one of the guys here is looking for people to play first edition."

WTF? Seriously.

"Yeah, it's the first time we've tried it. He's looking for around twelve people to have three groups going."

Really? What just happened here?

"So it's 1st Edition AD&D?" I said.

"No, the FIRST D&D, the three small books"

Get. The. F. Out.

So, I signed up.

... to be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment